Top 10 Tips to Start Betting on Sports
If you are new to betting on sports but have great desire to use your sport knowledge and passion to add excitement to the entire entertainment edge, there are some important things you need to know and be careful about before you actually go on to place a bet.
Whether you do it out of pure fun or want to become a betting pro who takes sport betting seriously, you need to study the tips and tricks that will make your betting time easier and more enjoyable. Ultimately, more lucrative.
Top 10 Betting Tips:
1. First thing you need to do is to find a bookmaker you can trust. Tread into the betting world carefully – most of all if you bet online – as there are more than a few places which you want to avoid. Luckily, there is a huge selection of respectable bookies which are trustworthy and reliable beyond any concern.
2. Before you start – create a betting schedule. Don’t bet on random games, every day and every week, but rather have a look at the upcoming matches and pick ones you want to bet on.
3. Once you have chosen the bets which seem most likely to go in your favour, you need to do a research to give backing to your confidence in those bets. Simply put – do your homework. Analyse the team info, injury list, current form, squad strength but also head to head statistics. It will help you a great deal.
4. Start small and start smart. Don’t go crazy with complicated bets and more advanced markets before you got the hang of it and before you gained some experience and insight into the betting affairs. Don’t be hasty and reckless, there will be time to make complicated bets.
5. Whatever you do remember not to chase bad bets. Losing can hit you real hard on the head, but trying to recoup losses from the previous bet with more and usually bigger wagers is the worst thing you can do. This goes for betting on the same team and same market as well. If you are on a downward spiral just make a break.
6. Poor patch can also get you to spend more than you initially intended so it is very important to stay disciplined. Make a decision on how much you want to spend before you start betting and stick to the plan. Don’t let the bad bets pull you in the gutter. The limited budget can keep you sober and always on top of things.
7. There is a great way to boost your bets and make more money on sports betting, particularly if you are on a down roll. Most of the betting sites will offer great bonuses, promotions and accas that will give great value to your investments so a wise thing to do is to sign up at more than one betting site to get the most of all welcome bonuses, loyal bonuses and different promos.
8. One of the two most important things with betting is to learn how to understand value. We are not talking about a pre-set value the bookies assign to a bet through the size of the odds. It is more about the good chance of winning a bet in relation to the given odds.
9. You need to be in full control on the amount of money and time you spend on betting. Always!
10. Ultimately, the most important thing is to bet responsibly. Most betting sites will tell you the same – when the fun stops, stop.